1. worthwhile a. 值得（做）的
It is worthwhile to V 做……是值得的
= It is worthwhile V-ing
• It is worthwhile to take some time to exercise every day.
2. disposable a. 用完即可丟的；一次性的
• It’s convenient to use disposable chopsticks, but it’s not environmentally friendly.
3. descendant n. 後裔，後代
• I was amazed to know that my neighbor is a descendant of Confucius.
4. construct vt. 建造，構築
• A bridge has been constructed to connect the two cities.
5. evidence vt. 證明（常用被動語態）
as evidenced by... 由……可證明
• The photographer is very dedicated to her work, as evidenced by her exhibit.
6. elaborate a. 複雜的；詳盡的；精緻的
• A simple blouse will go with that skirt; you don’t need anything too elaborate.
7. braid vt. 把……綁成辮子 & n. 辮子
• Hannah always braids her hair in the summer to stay cool.
8. annual a. 年度的，每年的
• That department store is going to have its annual sale in a couple of days.
9. ritual n. 儀式；習俗
• Last time that ancient ritual was practiced was more than 10 years ago.
10. material n. 素材，材料
• Concrete is a practical building material.
11. handmade a. 手工製的
• When Mom received my handmade card on Mother’s Day, she smiled from ear to ear.